Body Confident: 5 Ways to Rev Up Your Metabolism
From counting calories to portion to control to spending what's left of your free time at the gym, the quest to live a healthier lifestyle can be daunting to say the least.
Our bodies are constantly burning energy, but sometimes we need a little boost! Learning how to put your metabolism is a small change that will pay off big time before you know it.
Here are great tips on how to get that metabolism movin' and get body confident:
· Increase your Iron intake- Iron is an essential nutrient that helps carry the oxygen your muscle needs to burn fat. Shellfish, fortified cereals, beans and spinach are excellent sources of Iron. Be careful not to take in too much, studies are showing that too much Iron is linked to an increase in heart disease.
· Building your muscle is a great start, and Vitamin D is important because it helps preserve them. It's reported that only 20% of Americans get their daily requirement of Vitamin D. A great way to get 90% of your daily requirement is to treat yourself to a 3.5 ounce of salmon, great for lunch or dinner!
· The old adage is true, Milk does a body good. Calcium deficiency slows down your metabolism, so taking in dairy products like fat free milk and low fat yogurt is a great way to get your metabolism going. It also helps absorb fat from the other foods you eat as well.
· The amino acid Arginine is said to promote weight loss. Adding this amino acid to your diet enhances fat oxidation and increases lean muscle, which burns more calories than fat does. Try snacking on watermelon and other arginine sources, such as seafood, nuts, and seeds year-round.
· All of your body's chemical reactions depend on one element, Water. Dehydration burns 2 percent fewer calories, drinking closer to 10 eight ounce glasses of water a day is beneficial. Another good rule would be to drink half your weight in water everyday.
Hopefully these good tips will help get you started on your healthy lifestyle journey!