Scratch Made Goodness Awaits You at The Lazy Dog Restaurant
The Lazy Dog Restaurant introduced its new fall menu at all of their locations late September. A new series of drinks, appetizers and entrees are the main attraction and are packed with flavor and made from scratch.
My evening literally started off with a kick! I was greeted by fellow foodies and a nice helping of Pow Pow Popcorn-a house made caramel popcorn with sesame seeds, chili flakes and seal salt. yum yum.
Two new drinks have been added to the menu:
Maple Bacon Old Fashioned: House made Bacon-washed tincup Whiskey, maple syrup, bitters and Montenegro Amaro Liqueur. It’s topped with a generous piece of Bacon Candy deliciously swimming in brown sugar, chili flakes and black pepper. You can also order the Bacon Candy as its own appetizer and believe me, you’ll want to!
The Huckleberry Basil Bourbon Shrub is a pleasant delight as well, a great mix of buffalo trace bourbon, wild huckleberry shrub, basil and a splash of soda.
The latest appetizer items are:
· Roasted Street Carrots: a cool twist on street corn and includes garlic, queso blanco, cilantro lime crema and tajin.
· Buffalo Cauliflower: mixed with housemade high altitude hot sauce, blue cheese and parsley
· Onion Ring Poutine: five hour braised pot roast combined with crispy onion rings, French fries, housemade gravy, Havarti, roasted vegetables and topped with a sunny side egg
Dinner Items for fall include:
· Mushroom and Bacon Crisp Flatbread: made with a housemade crema sauce, mozzarella, blue cheese, bacon, caramelized onions, balsamic vinegar and fresh thyme
· Alaskan Halibut: crusted in parmesan and herbs, brussels sprouts, heirloom tomato and croutons in a lemon caper sauce
· Berkshire Pork Shank: Slow braised in tangerine juice, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and honey and served with kimchi fried rice
Welcome fall with these great desserts!
· Apple Huckleberry Open Face Pie: a heavenly delight of wild huckleberries, apples, cinnamon, sugar, salted caramel sauce served with a hefty scoop of vanilla ice cream
· Pumpkin Cheesecake: made with a graham cracker crust, housemade caramel, chocolate sauce, cinnamon sugar walnut crumble
Sunday Fundays also include a delicious brunch coupled with DIY Mimosas with several juice options as well. Another great restaurant in Addison TX!
*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary tasting of the food above-all opinions are my own.*